So I have been racking my brain, trying to figure out what to do with this week’s Grow. Eat. $ave. post about lettuce. I feel like I’ve been eating or talking about salads for weeks. (See Strawberry Spinach Salad , Asian Spinach Salad with Mandarins , plus I’ve been making lots of the salad dressings that are in my Breakfast and Lunch Cookbook over the past 2 months!)
But I wanted to do something with either buttercrisp lettuce, or Romaine…as those were the two varieties that I grew this year. Then it dawned on me…rather than an iceberg wedge…why not a Romaine wedge?!?
I’m sure you’ve been doing this for years…but I haven’t. This Romaine wedge concept is new to this girl.
It’s simple, takes 2 minutes to prepare, and it will leave you wanting another!
Caesar Romaine Wedge Salad
Yield – 2 servings
Preparation Time – 2 minutes
Cooking Time – 0 minutes
- 1 Romaine lettuce head
- 1/4 cup Caesar salad dressing
- Couple pinchfuls of shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Other topping ideas: grilled and sliced chicken, bacon crumbles, tuna, finely chopped tomatoes
- Chop a head of Romaine lettuce (another of the less expensive varieties of lettuce at the grocery store too…I see them for as little as $.99 per head.)
- Drizzle with Caesar dressing.
- Sprinkle on some shredded or grated Parm.
- Crack some peppercorns on top.