- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Caesar Romaine Wedge Salad – Grow. Eat. $ave.
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On July 27, 2011 @ 10:00 am In Garden,Grow. Eat. Save.,Recipes | 8 Comments
So I have been racking my brain, trying to figure out what to do with this week’s Grow. Eat. $ave. post about lettuce. I feel like I’ve been eating or talking about salads for weeks. (See Strawberry Spinach Salad , Asian Spinach Salad with Mandarins , plus I’ve been making lots of the salad dressings that are in my Breakfast and Lunch Cookbook over the past 2 months!)
But I wanted to do something with either buttercrisp lettuce, or Romaine…as those were the two varieties that I grew this year. Then it dawned on me…rather than an iceberg wedge…why not a Romaine wedge?!?
I’m sure you’ve been doing this for years…but I haven’t. This Romaine wedge concept is new to this girl.
It’s simple, takes 2 minutes to prepare, and it will leave you wanting another!
Caesar Romaine Wedge Salad
Yield – 2 servings
Preparation Time – 2 minutes
Cooking Time – 0 minutes
- 1 Romaine lettuce head
- 1/4 cup Caesar salad dressing
- Couple pinchfuls of shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Other topping ideas: grilled and sliced chicken, bacon crumbles, tuna, finely chopped tomatoes
- Chop a head of Romaine lettuce (another of the less expensive varieties of lettuce at the grocery store too…I see them for as little as $.99 per head.)
- Drizzle with Caesar dressing.
- Sprinkle on some shredded or grated Parm.
- Crack some peppercorns on top.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/caesar-romaine-wedge-salad-grow-eat-ave/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 Strawberry Spinach Salad: http://scjohnson.com/en/family/family-economics/food-for-thought/11-06-28/Strawberry-Spinach-Salad-with-Poppy-Seed-Dressing.aspx
 Asian Spinach Salad with Mandarins: http://scjohnson.com/en/family/family-economics/food-for-thought/11-05-13/Spinach-Salad-with-Mandarins-and-Soy-Sesame-Vinaigrette.aspx
 Breakfast and Lunch Cookbook : http://www.5dollardinners.com/breakfast-lunch-cookbook
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.