- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Caesar Chicken Pasta Salad
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On September 22, 2009 @ 7:28 pm In chicken,Garden,Pasta,Recipes | 8 Comments
Tonight’s meal is based on this recipe from Amy at Mom Advice .
To be honest, I wasn’t sure how I’d feel about pasta on lettuce. I was quite pleasantly surprised! We both really enjoyed it. And there’s plenty leftover for my “Chicken Caesar Pasta” lunch tomorrow!
Because the Caesar dressing has milk in it, I separated out this dish for the boys and gave them Italian dressing on their salad!!!
(And please ignore the fact that I used a simple garden lettuce mix and not Romaine. I do realize this breaks all the “Caesar Salad” rules!)
Caesar Chicken Pasta Salad
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 25 minutes
- About 1 lb. (2 large or 3 small) of boneless, skinless chicken breast ($1.79)
- 1 tsp olive oil ($.03)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups penne or ziti noodles ($.30) Remember my $.50 boxes of pasta !
- 3 small tomatoes (from the garden)
- 1/2 cup light Caesar Salad dressing ($.40) (Substitute Italian or other favorite salad dressing if dairy free!)
- 1 bag of garden salad lettuce ($.98) What I used
- OR 1 head Romaine lettuce ($1.50)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese ($.50) Omit if dairy free!
- Some Italian dressing for the boys ($.05)
- Fresh baked bread, garlic toast, or muffins (We had Cinnamon Butternut Squash Muffins) ($.50)
- Cut chicken breast into 1/2 inch cubes. Place in skillet with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Saute over high heat for 6-8 minutes, or until chicken has cooked through. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In small saucepan, cook pasta noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Chop lettuce, if necessary, and seed and dice tomatoes.
- In mixing bowl, toss cooked chicken, pasta and tomatoes with Caesar salad dressing. Serve on a bed of lettuce. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top.
- Serve Caesar Chicken Pasta Salad with a side of bread or muffins.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/caesar-chicken-pasta-salad/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
 this recipe from Amy at Mom Advice: http://www.momadvice.com/aldi/index.php/chicken/caesar-chicken-pasta-salad
 $.50 boxes of pasta: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2009/09/kroger-shopping-trip-5.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.