In the recent past, our family has become slightly obsessed with the buffalo wing sauce plus Ranch dressing combo. We’ve made nachos, tacos, burritos, shredded chicken for salads, and now these foil packs.
It’s silly simple: mix up the Ranch and buffalo wing sauce. Pour over wings, then wrap in foil. Grill or bake, as directed!
Then, top with crumbled blue cheese and even chopped celery (for the full buffalo chicken effect!)
These babies are freezer friendly, too. Just follow the directions up until the “wrap the foil around the chicken, tightly.” At that point, you can put them into the freezer. I like to place them on a flat surface, like a baking sheet. This helps them get a flat bottom, for when it’s time to cook later, and helps prevent any leakage or spills from the sauce. Then once they are frozen, you can transfer the packs to another baggie or container. When you’re ready to cook them, just let them thaw and grill as directed.
MyFreezEasy Members – you can add this Buffalo Wings Foil Packs recipe to your freezer meal plan here.
Helpful & Related Links
Buffalo Wings Foil Packs
Yield – 4 to 6 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
- 4 lbs. boneless chicken wings
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups buffalo wing sauce
- 1 packet Ranch dressing mix
- Garnish: crumbled blue cheese
- Side: garlic bread
- Side: salad
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the buffalo wing sauce and Ranch dressing mix.
- Place 6 chicken wings on a piece of foil large enough to wrap around the chicken.
- Evenly divide the buffalo wing sauce mixture and pour over the chicken wings.
- Wrap the foil around the chicken wings, tightly.
- Grill around 400 F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Cooking time may vary, depending on thickness of the chicken wings and heat of the grill. Open carefully, as steam will escape and might burn you, and top with crumbled blue cheese.
- Cook the garlic bread.
- Prepare the salad.
- Serve Buffalo Wing Grill Packs with garlic bread and salad.
This recipe is featured on SouthernPlate.com’s Meal Plan Monday #72.