I’m back with more quesadillas…this time with a fun and ridiculously tasty Buffalo Chicken version. These are perfect finger foods for the upcoming “Big Game Day” – also known as Super Bowl 50!
I’ve taken all the amazing flavors of Buffalo Hot Wings and loaded them into tortillas.
Here’s how it looks…
Mix up the filling.
When you use rotisserie chicken, it just takes a few minutes to get this ready!
Little spicy pepper jack cheese onto tortilla.
Then the filling.
Add more cheese. Because, QUESAdilla. Queso means cheese in Spanish, so you need lots of cheese.
Add another tortilla on top.
Make “half-dillas” where you add cheese and filling to just half of the tortilla.
Then fold and cook in skillet.
Cook on both sides for a few minutes in dry skillet.
You can also bake them in the oven. (Learn more about how to do that here.)
I use my pizza cutter, makes it super easy.
Here’s the half-dilla, sliced.
Set out a bowl of blue cheese for dipping.
And enjoy these tasty quesadillas!
Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
- 2 cups rotisserie or shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Frank’s hot sauce
- 2 Tbsp crumbled blue cheese
- about 1 1/2 to 2 cups Monterrey Jack or Jalapeno Jack shredded cheese
- 4 large burrito-size flour tortillas
- Blue cheese dressing, for dipping
- Fresh fruit or veggies, as side dish
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken, sour cream, Frank’s hot sauce and crumbled blue cheese and mix into a thick “filling” for the quesadillas.
- Lay out 2 flour tortillas and sprinkle with cheese, then spread the filling over the cheese and top with more shredded cheese and the other tortillas.
- Warm over medium heat in a dry skillet, or bake in the oven.
- Cut and serve Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas with blue cheese dip and some fresh fruit or veggies.
Pin all of our 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Rotisserie Chicken Supplies:
- 5 qt Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer
- 6.5 qt Slow Cooker
- Henckles 7 Piece Knife Set with Block
- Rubbermaid 50 Piece Freezer Safe Food Storage Set
- Pizza Cutter
- 3 Piece Dishwasher Safe Cutting Board Set
See all of our 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats