- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Brown Rice Casserole
Posted By Sharon On April 19, 2012 @ 5:30 pm In chicken,Homemade,Recipes,rice | 4 Comments
This casserole is a nice way to add more fresh vegetables, and some whole grain rice, to the dinner menu. I used celery and broccoli since this was what we had available. You can substitute this for your favorite fresh vegetables, or whatever you have on hand. I also used a can of cream corn, to bring an added fun flavor, and a little creaminess. My teenage sons loved this!
Brown Rice Casserole
Yield - 8 servings
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 48 minutes
- 12 oz. chicken broth $1.00
- 2 and 1/4 cups water
- 1 T. onion powder .02 cents
- 4 stalks of chopped celery .30 cents
- 1 and 1/2 cups of whole grain brown rice .92 cents
- One can of creamed corn (14 oz.) .69 cents
- One pound of ground chicken burger $2.50
- 1/3 cup of fresh organic broccoli crowns (chopped into small pieces) .25 cents
- 1 and 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese $1.50
- Combine first five ingredients in a stock pot. Bring to a boil. Then turn down to a low boil and cover. Simmer for 30 minutes. Turn off burner and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Brown the chicken in a frying pan until fully cooked. Set aside.
- When the rice is finished, add the corn and burger. Stir together.
- In a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch glass pan, spread the rice mixture.
- Top with cheese and sprinkle with the broccoli.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 13 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/brown-rice-casserole/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.