- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Breakfast Enchiladas (plus we’re moving!)
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On July 18, 2012 @ 5:00 pm In Breakfast,Eggs,Recipes | 19 Comments
Yet another enchiladas recipe for you. I’m starting to think I need to create a special enchilada section on the site! We just can’t seem to get enough enchiladas these days. This is actually one of the first meals I’ve cooked from start to finish since coming out of the “blechs,” mainly because it didn’t involve raw meat. I used some ham that I’ve had in the freezer…and the rest was easy.
Another reason I made these…I need to use up everything we have in the house. Why?
BECAUSE WE FINALLY HAVE A CONTRACT ON THE HOUSE!!!
And if all goes well, we’ll be moving the 2nd week of August!
While we are sad to leave our family, friends and church family in Dayton, we are thrilled to be on our way to Texas and starting our “new life” down there! We have a very busy couple of weeks coming up, with me packing, traveling and lining up everything for the move to San Antonio. So I’ll be having a few friends guest posting while I’m “dealing with life as it comes.” I’m looking forward to settling in in San Antonio, sharing my new kitchen with you all, and getting back to cooking and sharing more recipes (I’ve got a list half a mile long of recipes to try!!!)
Anyhoo…here are the breakfast enchiladas!
(Oh, and a quick note on the photo…I peeled back the tortilla on the first enchilada so you could see the inside.)
Ham and Eggs Breakfast Enchiladas
Adapted from Breakfast Enchiladas on Tasty Kitchen 
Yield – 6 to 8 servings
Preparation Time – 20 minutes
Cooking Time – 25 minutes
- 8 eggs, scrambled ($.80)
- about 2 cups chopped ham ($1.50)
- 1/4 cup minced onion or 1 small white onion, chopped ($.20)
- 12 corn enchiladas ($.75)
- 1 can red enchilada sauce ($1)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded queso quesdilla or Mexican blend cheese ($1.50) Saw a great sale at Kroger this week…stock up and freeze when you see priced below $2/2 cup bag!
- Side of fresh fruit ($.50)
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch glass baking dish.
- Once the eggs are scrambled, add the chopped ham and onion and cook together for another minute or two. Remove from the heat. Spoon the egg-ham mixture into the corn tortillas, roll and place seam side down in the baking dish. 12 enchiladas fit comfortably in a 9×13 inch dish.
- Pour the enchilada sauce over the top of the enchiladas. Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Serve warm with fresh fruit.
Cost $6.25 (with leftovers for our family!)
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/breakfast-enchiladas-plus-were-moving/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 Breakfast Enchiladas on Tasty Kitchen: http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/breakfastbrunch/eggs-breakfastbrunch/breakfast-enchiladas-2/
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.