- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Breaded Tilapia with Sauteed Zucchini and Tomatoes – $5 Dinner Challenge
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On July 11, 2011 @ 6:00 pm In $5 Dinner Challenge,Feature,Fish,Recipes | 6 Comments
Clearin’. It. Out.
We enjoyed this tilapia (on sale for $1.99/lb !) with Brussels sprouts from the freezer, and rolls from the freezer.
Summertime Pantry Challenge  continues…
Breaded Tilapia with Sauteed Zucchini and Tomatoes
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 13 minutes
- 4 tilapia fillets, about 1.1lbs ($2.12)
- 1 egg whisked ($.10)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs ($.25)
- 1 zucchini, diced ($.59)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved ($1.99)
- 1 12 oz bag frozen Brussels sprouts ($.80)
- Sister Schubert’s frozen rolls ($.75)
- Butter and jelly ($.25)
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Thaw the tilapia fillets if necessary.
- Dip the tilapia in the whisked egg, then dust with the bread crumbs.
- Bake for 7 minutes, then flip and bake for another 6 minutes, or until the tilapia has cooked through.
- In a skillet, saute the diced zucchini and halved grape tomatoes with some salt and pepper. Saute over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the tomatoes have popped and wilted and the zucchini has turned opaque in color.
- Prepare the Brussels sprouts and bread as directed.
- Serve Breaded Tilapia with Zucchini and Tomatoes on top, along with Brussels sprouts and Bread.
(This would have been well under $5 if I’d waited and used tomatoes from my garden!)
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/breaded-tilapia-with-sauteed-zucchini-and-tomatoes-5-dinner-challenge/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 sale for $1.99/lb: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2011/04/kroger-shopping-trip-28.html
 Summertime Pantry Challenge: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2011/07/my-low-spend-plan-for-july.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.