- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Pasta with White Beans and Broccoli
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On November 11, 2009 @ 7:00 pm In Beans,Dairy Free,Pasta,Recipes | 1 Comment
A big thanks to Justine for sharing this recipe with me! I tossed in some diced ham I had in the freezer.
Easy. Quick. Delicious!
And by quick. I mean less than 15 minutes quick! Just get the pasta boiling and work on the rest while the pasta is cooking. 15 minutes. That’s it!!!!
This would be fantastic with leftover holiday ham! If you’re planning/thinking that far ahead!!!
1 pound bow-tie pasta, but I used fusili because its what I had! ($.50) Bought recently with $1/2 coupon when on sale for $1
1 Tbsp vegetable oil ($.05)
1 bunch broccoli (about 1 lb) florets ($.76)
1 Tbsp minced garlic ($.05)
2 cups chicken broth (free if homemade!) **See my note below
2 cups cooked, diced ham ($1.50) **This was not in the original recipe!
1 15 oz. can of cannellini or white beans, rinsed ($.79)
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice ($.05)
1/4-1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese ($.25)
16 oz. bag of frozen corn ($.88) On sale this week!
**I used water instead of broth because I used ham. I figured the ham would give the water some flavor and didn’t want the chicken and ham flavors to clash! If you want a vegetarian version, then use vegetable broth and omit the ham.
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook according to package direction.
2. While pasta cooks, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add broccoli and garlic; stir over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes until broccoli is bright green. Add broth (or water) and cook 2 to 3 minutes until broccoli is crisp tender. Stir in diced ham, beans and lemon juice.
3. Drain pasta and put into a warmed large serving bowl. Add broccoli mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Toss to mix well.
4. Cook frozen corn as indicated on package instructions.
5. Serve Pasta with White Beans and Broccoli and Corn.
**I only sprinkled the cheese into Steve and mine’s bowls. Easy to keep this meal dairy-free by omitting the cheese!
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/bow-tie-pasta-with-white-beans-and-broccoli/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.