Breakfast for dinner…a smart way to reduce your grocery budget…simply incorporate 1 of these meals into your weekly meal plan and be on your way to spending less!
Making pancakes from scratch has been something I have done for many years! I had lots of fun coming up with (and tasting) a bunch of different pancakes for my Breakfast and Lunch Cookbook. This is not a recipe in the cookbook, but will give you a sense of the pancake recipe goodness that awaits you in the next book!!!
Here’s the trick. And you must do it this way.
Toss some blueberries, fresh or frozen, with some lemon juice…then sift some powdered sugar over the top before folding them into the batter!!!
Gives plain old blueberry pancakes an extra burst of lemony sweetness!
Blueberry Lemon Pancakes
Yield – 6-7 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- About 1 1/2 cup blueberries (I was planning on using 2, but *a child that shall remain unnamed* kept stealing them from my measuring cup!)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- About 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, milk and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Pour into the wet ingredients and whisk until batter is smooth.
- In that same dry ingredient bowl, add the blueberries and toss with the lemon juice. Sift some powdered sugar over the top and then fold into the pancake batter.
- Make the pancakes on whatever griddle you’ve got.
- Pour maple syrup over the top (free, using Amazon credit from Swagbucks!)
- And eat!!!
- Hello Mr. Burst of Lemony Sweetness!
(And if there are any left to freeze, these are totally freezable. Is that word?!)
Makes 20 1/4 cup pancakes.