The Chicken Pizza-dilla is a favorite around our house! The kids like it because it’s so easy to customize to individual tastes (meaning they don’t have to eat the gross stuff), and I like it because it’s affordable, filling, and really easy to make.
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
- 1 refrigerated pizza dough from your friendly neighborhood grocery section (Or use this homemade pizza dough recipe.)
- 2 cups Mexican shredded cheese blend (really any shredded cheese you like)
- 3-4 slices of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- and anything else you enjoy – hot salsa, onions, olives, peppers, anything goes!
- Unroll the pizza dough on a baking sheet and flatten it as much as possible.
- Add the ingredients to one side, leaving half an inch of dough around the edges.
- Fold the other side of the dough over your masterpiece and press the edges together using your fingers or a fork.
- Preheat oven to 400 F, bake 18-20 minutes.
- Slice into strips & serve.
Sometimes I’ll make little individual ones for the kids to embellish themselves, swapping biscuits for the pizza dough. That makes it not only dinner, but a fun family activity as well.
Now, if only we could turn doing the dishes into a fun family activity, that would be cool!!!
Angie Atchley is a freelance writer and is also the voice behind Vivo Bello. She chronicles the antics of her 5 young children, posts kid friendly recipes, and hosts Meaningful Mondays about random acts of kindness.