I will be using the other half of this beef roast in a beef stew this weekend, so I’ll split the cost between the 2 meals! I really liked the way this turned out
Beef Roast and Sweet Potatoes
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 8 hours in slow cooker
- 1.8 lb beef roast ($4.03) Manager’s Special! $2.02 for this meal
- 1 tsp garlic powder ($.05)
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered ($1.49)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger ($.05)
- 1 tsp cinnamon ($.05)
- 1 bag fresh spinach ($1.38) Rolled back this week!
- Place 1/2 – 1 cup of water (or beef broth) into slow cooker. (I like to add water to the slow cooker. I can then use the stock after the roast has cooked for the base of the stew this weekend. Or you could make a gravy too!) Place roast in center of slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Peel and quarter sweet potatoes. Place in slow cooker around and on top of roast.
- Sprinkle ground ginger, cinnamon and salt over the sweet potatoes. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Steam spinach in steamer or with a little water in a skillet. Spinach really “shrinks” when it cooks, so don’t be alarmed if the spinach is falling out of the skillet! Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. (If you have any bacon grease, saute the spinach in that! Yum!)
- Serve sliced beef roast with sweet potatoes and steamed spinach.