- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Bacon, Broccoli and Tomato Pasta Salad
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On May 12, 2010 @ 5:32 pm In Pasta,Recipes | 11 Comments
Pictured above: the mixins.
This is a quick and easy pasta salad. And quite refreshing too.
(Too bad, it’s cool and wet outside today!)
2 cups elbows or penne pasta noodles ($.50) Almost out of my $.50 boxes of pasta!
6 strips of bacon or turkey bacon ($.50) Bought this past week for $1.5o/package .
2 heads broccoli, cut into florets ($.79)
1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes ($.19)
About 1/2 cup homemade ranch dressing  (or your favorite store bought!) ($.40)
Fresh fruit ($.50) We had apple slices.
1. Cook the pasta as directed on the box. Drain and rinse with cool water.
2. Cook the bacon in a skillet or in the microwave on paper towels. Let cool, then crumble.
3. Steam the broccoli florets for just 2 or 3 minutes, in a stovetop steamer or in the microwaveable bowl with 1/2 cup of water, covered with plastic wrap.
4. Place the cooked and cooled pasta in a large mixing bowl and toss with the crumbled bacon, broccoli florets, diced tomatoes and homemade ranch dressing.  Toss. Toss. Toss.
5. Serve BBT Pasta Salad with fresh fruit.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/bbt-pasta-salad/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 this past week for $1.5o/package: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2010/05/kroger-shopping-trip-early.html
 homemade ranch dressing: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2010/03/homemade-garlic-ranch-dressing-dairy-free.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.