I snatched up this pork roast for just $1.25/lb! We will not eat all 4.5 lbs in one meal, so I’ll cook it in the crockpot, each some tonight and then use the rest of the meat to make North Carolina Pulled Pork Sandwiches on Thursday, and another meal using shredded pork in the future.
1/2 cup of water
1 4.5 lb bone-in pork roast ($5.88 div. by 3 = $1.96)
1/2 – 1 bottle of Kraft BBQ sauce (free) At Walmart this week…on sale $.98 and used $1 coupon!
1 lb carrots, shredded ($.08) Used $.75 coupon on a $.88 bag of carrots!
1 cup raisins ($.50)
1/2 cup of mayonnaise ($.25)
2-3 Tbsp sugar ($.05)
1 15 oz can of pork and beans ($.97)
1. Place 1/2 cup of water in the base of the crockpot. Add 1 cup of BBQ sauce and whisk.
2. Add pork roast to crockpot and cover with BBQ sauce. Set on low and cook for 10 hours.
3. Peel carrots and then shred in food processor.
4. In large bowl, combine shredded carrots, raisins, mayonnaise and sugar. Mix well.
5. Warm pork and beans in small saucepan or in the microwave.
6. When roast is finished cooking, remove it carefully and cut into slices for dinner. Shred the remaining pork and place in tupperware. Add any leftover BBQ sauce to the pork for the upcoming sandwiches and other meal.
7. Serve BBQ Pork Roast with Carrot Raisin Salad and Beans.
**P.S. I’m not a huge fan of canned beans, but I’m craving pork and beans lately!!!
Print this Recipe
Have a Frugal and Healthy Recipe to share?
Post the recipe on your blog and then add the link below. Other guidelines can be found here. To make it easy for other readers to find your recipe, please leave the link that leads directly to your recipe post. Any links that lead to your homepage will be deleted. If you don’t have a blog, feel free to leave your recipe in the comments section!