So it’s been awhile, too long awhile, since I shared a batch cooking plan with y’all. In part because I’ve been flying by the seat of my pants since the start of 2012. And in part because I’m “un-stockpiling” as we have our house on the market and I have no intentions of moving our food stockpile. It’s slowly whittled away to just a single cabinet plus a snacks cabinet (which gets emptied every week by the 3 little bottomless stomachs that roam in my house!)
But this week, I’m home. And I’m ready to get a few things into the freezer to make dinner prep a little faster and smoother. Mangoes were cheap at Kroger this week ($1 each), bacon was on special at Meijer, and I stocked up on baby carrots from Aldi ($.59/bag!!)…all of which fit perfectly into this week’s batch cooking plan! Plus, my baking cabinet is stocked, and I’ve got a few bananas that are nice and brown from last week…will make for delicious banana bread muffins. My pantry, fridge and freezer are begging for an afternoon of batch cooking. My sanity is also begging for an afternoon of batch cooking.
- Batch Grill 3 pkg. chicken breasts
- Shredded Chicken Thighs in Slow Cooker
- GF Banana Bread Muffins (this recipe, made into muffins) – double batch and freeze extra muffins
- GF Chocolate Chip Cookies – double batch and freeze the extra dough
- Cook pkg of bacon – used in 2 different dinners this week and 1 breakfast
- Make Sweet Potato and Chicken Curry “slow cooker freezer pack“
- Make Mango Chicken with Zucchini “slow cooker freezer pack“
- Make Beef Roast with Potatoes, Carrots “slow cooker freezer pack“
And after all this, you’ll find me with my feet propped up, sitting out in the backyard while my boys run circles around me, sipping on some homemade, fresh squeezed lemonade with raspberry ice cubes! (If I feel up to make it, that is!)
Anyone else stocking their freezer or taking steps to simplify the dinner prep this week? If so, with what and how?