I’m hoping to spend an hour (or two) in the kitchen tomorrow…it’s been over a week and I miss cooking!
I continue to play catch-up from returning home from the Savvy Blogging Summit…I’ve got my inbox under control, the house is more or less clean, so now it’s time to get in the kitchen, do some experimenting and get some more food into the freezer for next week’s breakfasts and snacks.
I would love to be one step ahead of myself, as I start into next week!
The Batch Cooking Plan
- Make Sweet Potato Baby Food for Tyler
- Double Batch Sausage and Jalapeno Muffins or Bread (recipe coming next week)
- Double Batch of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins and Pumpkin Nut Muffins
- Double Batch of Waffles and Pumpkin Pancakes
- Brown Chorizo Sausage and make breakfast tacos (Chorizo from farmer’s market stop on Thursday)
- Make Italian Herbs Pesto Sauce for freezer
- Take part in the 2010 version of Strawberry and Rhubarb Mania (Rhubarb from farmer’s market stop on Thursday)
(It seems that the Great Pumpkin Shortage of 2009 has turned into the Pumpkin Shortage of 2010! If you are wondering where I got the pumpkin, my mom bought some for us when she was here last month…she found some organic canned pumpkin at “the more expensive” grocery store in my area. Thanks Mom!)
I have found that having a few homemade healthy snacks and goodies in the freezer helps my week run so smoothly!!
Do you ever do any batch cooking?! Have any favorite freezable foods to share with us?! Links and recipes welcome!