I spent the first half of the week roaming around the country doing promotion for my Breakfast and Lunch Cookbook. I stopped in at a number of different news stations in St. Louis, Nashville and Cincinnati to share about the cookbook, even gave out a few recipes! (Both links below I’m making Blueberry Breakfast Bake…pictured above!)
- This is me talking REALLY fast on STLMoms on Fox in St Louis
- And talking easy recipes and bringing creativity into the kitchen in Cincinnati
So now that I’m back to cold and frigid Dayton, I’m ready to get back to the reality of mountains of laundry, piles of dishes, shuttling children to and from school, and the need to get some goodies into the freezer!
Today and tomorrow I plan to make the following:
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Waffles
- Drop Biscuits (cuz I just don’t have time to roll them out and cut!)
- Some kind of pancakes…not sure which “flavor” yet!
- Breakfast Tacos for Steve (the assembly line pictured above)
I absolutely love having baked goodies in the freezer for when the kids need a quick snack or breakfast, and I love that if I’m having “one of THOSE days” I can grab something from the freezer that can be on the table with very little effort!
Have you done any batch cooking recently?! What’s on your list?!