Notice that those are not the homemade wheat rolls from last night’s dinner! We ended up making PBJ sliders for lunch, using some homemade blueberry jam that a friend gave us for Christmas!
These intended-to-be sliders are more like sandwiches.
Whatever bread will work. And whatever “title” will work too!
Just going with the flow!
I went for the reduced sourdough loaf that was in the top of the freezer.
Slice. Slice. Slice.
3 chicken breasts ($2.53) About 1.3 lbs, bought on sale for $1.89/lb.
1/2 onion, chopped ($.15)
2 garlic cloves, crushed ($.10)
6 oz. can tomato paste ($.19) Used $1 coupon
1 Tbsp cider vinegar ($.05)
3 Tbsp prepared mustard ($.10)
3 Tbsp brown sugar ($.10)
1. Place 3 chicken breasts in the base of the slow cooker. In small bowl, whisk together the tomato paste plus 2 cans worth of water, the cider vinegar, mustard, and brown sugar. Add a little salt and pepper is you wish. Add the chopped onion and crushed garlic to the sauce. Pour sauce over chicken breasts. Set slow cooker to high and cook for 4-6 hours.
2. When chicken is finished in the slow cooker, scoop it out into a bowl and using 2 forks, “pull it” apart.
3. Once “pulled”…
4. Saucify. Scoop some sauce from the slow cooker and add until reaches your desired ‘sauciness.’
5. Slice bread. Place saucified pulled chicken onto bread.
6. Serve Pulled Chicken Sandwiches with Side Salad.