Bargain Meal of the Week

Welcome to Bargain Meal of the Week!

Click on the link below for your grocery store to read about the bargain meal of this week. State is included in parenthesis. Stores are listed in alphabetical order.

We make the meals and BeCentsable has the deals! Be sure to visit the Grocery Gathering to see your stores deals for the week!

Albertsons

Publix

Frugal Dr. Mom (TN)

Publix Penny Pincher

Rainbow (MN/WI)

Frugal Hausfrau

Safeway

My Frugal Adventures (CA)

Shaw’s

Growing Up Gabel
Poor Mom

WinCo

NW Coupon Lady

Winn Dixie

iGOBOGO

To read the grocery deals for each of these stores, visit BeCentsable’s Grocery Gathering.

Don’t see your store here? We are adding stores as quickly as possible. If you are interested in being a contributor to the Bargain Meal of the Week, please email me at 5dollardinners at gmail dot com.

Comments

1. Nicole Starr says

I was hoping for a United SuperMarkets… Maybe I’ll start doing that store myself, once I get a blog set up that is. LOL I love this site! I can’t remember where I found a link to it though.

2. Patty McGuire says

I would love to learn more but we are also on weight watchers,are their calorie,fat and fiber to go along with these meals?

A major store in the Pacific NW is Winco Foods. They have great prices and sales but they don’t have ads in the paper. It would be great to have them on here as well.

4. Ashleigh says

I try to be as healthy as possible, so while that may make it harder to be right at $5. I would love to see Whole Foods here! Love that you have Sprouts!

Do you know anyone who does Lowe’s supermarkets in North Carolina? I’d do it myself, but I am not able to right now. Just curious.

6. Elizabeth says

I wish you would stop linking to the “Getting Ahead” blog for Ohio. It has not been updated since December. Each time I get excited to discover my next favorite blog and each time, disappointment.

I came here and was really excited about what I’d find! I only found one store in my area (Bakers) and it has not been updated since July. If you could do a post about what needs to be done to “do” a store, you might get more response. Just sayin’.

8. Erin says

I just discovered your blog today, and am very excited to start my $10 dinners, as we share cooking with the household of 6 adults and 2 children, but we cook only twice a week. I was very disapointed to discover that the Kroger and Super Walmart haven’t been updated in over a week, and Publix has been several weeks since update. Would really love some ideas on how to cook with the sales for the stores in my areas.

9. mendy says

I would love if you did some for ingles they have great meat deals and triple coupons twice a year. And when will bilo be updated. I need to save as much as I can with 6 kids and 4 adults, so any help you can give will help

10. mydreamteam says

This is a really neat idea. I wish the Food Lion list was more current than 2009! I’m thinking that if so many of the lists are outdated, perhaps the links & this feature should just be removed??

11. Beth Honeycutt says

This is an amazing website!! Every bit of penny pinching helps in this day and age:) Thank you for sharing!!!

12. Renee McCurry says

Would love to get the weekly $5 meals deals at Ingles. When I clicked on the link it said the blog spot had been closed. Might consider doing this if I had more instructions on what would be required.

13. Shannon Sutter says

The two stores in my area are listed (Kroger and Meijer) but the contributors haven’t posted anything new. Everything Mom, a contributor for Kroger, hasn’t posted anything since November of 2009. The page for Keeping Life Creative, another contributor for Kroger, says that her page no longer exists. When I try the one listed contributor for Meijer, Stockpiling Mom, she hasn’t posted anything new since November of 2010.
    Am I doing something wrong or is this portion of your website just not updating for some reason?

Trackbacks

1. […] about how to save money by shopping each week’s sale items, head on over and check out the Bargain Meal of the Week feature.  Each week contributors from all over the US post recipes based on what’s on sale at […]

2. […] Boneless Beef Shoulder Roast will be on sale this week (starting tomorrow July 29) at HEB for $1.99/lb.  I’m going to share with you one of my family’s favorite recipes for beef roast.  I adapted this recipe from the awesome Taste of Home Cookbookand it’s always a huge hit.  I’m sharing this recipe as part of $5 Dinner’s Bargain Meal of the Week. […]