Bargain Meal of the Week

by Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom on July 7, 2007

Welcome to Bargain Meal of the Week!

Click on the link below for your grocery store to read about the bargain meal of this week. State is included in parenthesis. Stores are listed in alphabetical order.

We make the meals and BeCentsable has the deals! Be sure to visit the Grocery Gathering to see your stores deals for the week!

Albertsons

Publix

Frugal Dr. Mom (TN)

Publix Penny Pincher

Rainbow (MN/WI)

Frugal Hausfrau

Safeway

My Frugal Adventures (CA)

Shaw’s

Growing Up Gabel
Poor Mom

WinCo

NW Coupon Lady

Winn Dixie

iGOBOGO

To read the grocery deals for each of these stores, visit BeCentsable’s Grocery Gathering.

Don’t see your store here? We are adding stores as quickly as possible. If you are interested in being a contributor to the Bargain Meal of the Week, please email me at 5dollardinners at gmail dot com.

Victoria March 20, 2009 at 4:14 pm

Bummer- I was hoping to see a Weis Markets! I’ll give it a few thoughts and maybe I’ll do that store. :)

Nicole Starr March 22, 2009 at 5:14 pm

I was hoping for a United SuperMarkets… Maybe I’ll start doing that store myself, once I get a blog set up that is. LOL I love this site! I can’t remember where I found a link to it though.

Nicole Starr April 13, 2009 at 11:33 pm

I finally did it. I got my blog set up & have done a couple Budget meals. Check it out!

Patty McGuire April 14, 2009 at 8:47 pm

I would love to learn more but we are also on weight watchers,are their calorie,fat and fiber to go along with these meals?

joseph lato April 22, 2009 at 9:18 am

thank you for having this information!!!

joseph lato April 22, 2009 at 9:21 am

thank you for having this information and making it available to me.

Paula N. April 23, 2009 at 11:23 pm

A major store in the Pacific NW is Winco Foods. They have great prices and sales but they don’t have ads in the paper. It would be great to have them on here as well.

Ashleigh May 7, 2009 at 9:56 am

I try to be as healthy as possible, so while that may make it harder to be right at $5. I would love to see Whole Foods here! Love that you have Sprouts!

Jessica May 15, 2009 at 2:18 pm

Do you know anyone who does Lowe’s supermarkets in North Carolina? I’d do it myself, but I am not able to right now. Just curious.

Gretchen May 28, 2009 at 8:06 pm

Does anyone do Aldi?

Erin May 28, 2009 at 8:08 pm

Not right now. Would be happy to add you to the contributor list if you are interested Gretchen!

Lori May 30, 2009 at 6:33 pm

Thank you for the inspiration of the $5 deals. I have started posting $5 meals from the Pacific Northwest WinCo and also the grocery bargains for those WinCo shoppers. I would love to contribute:

Bargain Meals

Grocery Bargains

Nancy September 1, 2009 at 10:46 am

I keep checking to see if SHOPRITE will be added to the store list. Really enjoy the menus. Thank you.

meredith December 28, 2009 at 9:27 pm

for some reason i can not get to the one for stop and shop.

Sarah August 23, 2010 at 9:26 am

Do you think someone can do one for HEB in San Antonio?

Elizabeth August 30, 2010 at 1:41 pm

I wish you would stop linking to the “Getting Ahead” blog for Ohio. It has not been updated since December. Each time I get excited to discover my next favorite blog and each time, disappointment.

Veronica Bright October 23, 2010 at 9:22 pm

I came here and was really excited about what I’d find! I only found one store in my area (Bakers) and it has not been updated since July. If you could do a post about what needs to be done to “do” a store, you might get more response. Just sayin’.

Erin October 24, 2010 at 10:45 pm

I just discovered your blog today, and am very excited to start my $10 dinners, as we share cooking with the household of 6 adults and 2 children, but we cook only twice a week. I was very disapointed to discover that the Kroger and Super Walmart haven’t been updated in over a week, and Publix has been several weeks since update. Would really love some ideas on how to cook with the sales for the stores in my areas.

mendy November 2, 2010 at 8:51 am

I would love if you did some for ingles they have great meat deals and triple coupons twice a year. And when will bilo be updated. I need to save as much as I can with 6 kids and 4 adults, so any help you can give will help

mendy November 2, 2010 at 12:57 pm

lol never mind about ingles i found it. But when will any off the stores be updated ??

mydreamteam January 15, 2011 at 11:17 pm

This is a really neat idea. I wish the Food Lion list was more current than 2009! I’m thinking that if so many of the lists are outdated, perhaps the links & this feature should just be removed??

Beth Honeycutt February 14, 2011 at 3:03 pm

This is an amazing website!! Every bit of penny pinching helps in this day and age:) Thank you for sharing!!!

Renee McCurry June 22, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Would love to get the weekly $5 meals deals at Ingles. When I clicked on the link it said the blog spot had been closed. Might consider doing this if I had more instructions on what would be required.

Christina January 21, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Would love to see Shoprite on here, if possible. Thanks!

Shannon Sutter June 3, 2012 at 5:01 pm

The two stores in my area are listed (Kroger and Meijer) but the contributors haven’t posted anything new. Everything Mom, a contributor for Kroger, hasn’t posted anything since November of 2009. The page for Keeping Life Creative, another contributor for Kroger, says that her page no longer exists. When I try the one listed contributor for Meijer, Stockpiling Mom, she hasn’t posted anything new since November of 2010.
Am I doing something wrong or is this portion of your website just not updating for some reason?

Elizabeth November 13, 2012 at 1:02 pm

I just found your website! I am so excited to use your tools and try out your recipies!