- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Balsamic Beef and Onion Pasta
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On April 20, 2010 @ 5:11 pm In Beef,Dairy Free,Gluten Free,Pasta,Recipes,Slow Cooker | 13 Comments
Remember the Slow Cooker Beef Roast with Balsamic Onions ?!?
Well, you should just bookmark it now and make it next time you have a beef roast on hand. Or better yet, toss it with some pasta and might I say you won’t regret it!
I used up a BOGO beef roast from the freezer, a yellow onion and some $.50/box pasta. Along with half of a $1 green pepper and a $.99 Romaine lettuce head with a homemade salad dressing  for the salad.
That is all I have to say.
Few drizzles of olive oil ($.05)
1.3 lb beef roast ($3.88)
1 yellow onion, sliced ($.30)
3-4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar ($.15)
Salt and pepper
1 pound penne pasta ($.50), use rice pasta for GF meal
1/2 head Romaine lettuce ($.50)
1/2 green pepper ($.50)
Homemade salad dressing  ($.25)
1 cup frozen peas (for the boys) ($.50)
*Soon we will be eating lettuce and peppers from the garden !
1. Drizzle some olive oil into the slow cooker and add the beef roast. Add the sliced onions and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Set on low and cook for 8 hours. Once cooked, pull/shred into bite size pieces.
2. As the cooking time on the beef roast nears its end, cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and add to a large bowl. Toss the pasta with the beef pieces and onions. Add about 1/4 cup of the beef-balsamic broth from the slow cooker and toss with the pasta and beef.
3. Prepare salad and dressing.
4. Serve Balsamic Beef and Onions Pasta with side salad.
Cost $6.63…with LOTS of leftovers!
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/balsamic-beef-onion-pasta/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
 Slow Cooker Beef Roast with Balsamic Onions: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2010/01/slow-cooker-beef-roast-with-balsamic-onions.html
 homemade salad dressing: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2008/01/homemade-salad-dressing.html
 garden: http://www.5dollardinners.com/category/garden
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.