I do believe I have a new favorite snack.
And I do believe that the boys have a new favorite snack!
And what perfect timing…it’s about to be high season for zucchinis…when the farmers will practically be giving them away at the markets. Next time I pick up one of the monster zucchinis for $1, I’ll be sure to grab two…so I can make a couple batches of these delicious, and healthy, vegetable snacks.
They’d make a perfect side dish for grilled chicken too!
Cut into sticks.
Mix up the bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt and pepper. Also, mix in the Parmesan (I left this out for the boys dairy free diet.)
Whisk together 2 eggs. Set up a dipping station nearby a baking sheet.
Lay them all out. Bake. Flip. Bake.
Baked Zucchini Sticks
Adapted from Aggie’s Baked Parmesan Zucchini Sticks 
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 20 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
- 2 zucchini, about 2 lbs., cut into sticks
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 tsp fresh herbs, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Marinara or pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 425. Lightly grease the baking sheet.
- Prepare the zucchini. Whisk the eggs.
- Mix up the bread crumbs, (Parmesan), fresh herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Set up the dipping stations. Dip zucchini sticks into eggs, then the bread crumbs.
- Place in single layer on greased baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, then flip and bake another 10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then serve with marinara or pizza dipping sauce.