- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Baked Rosemary Garlic Chicken
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On April 27, 2011 @ 6:40 pm In chicken,Pasta,Recipes | 12 Comments
I like to tuck things into chicken thighs. (Exhibit A – Grilled Salsa Chicken  & Exhibit B – Grilled Marinara Chicken ) I realize that this might sound strange, but it’s how I cook with chicken thighs…when I’m not cooking them in the slow cooker.
The other day I was planning to fix some chicken thighs in the slow cooker with a couple garlic cloves and some rosemary from the garden. Except, remember, I’m losing my mind (and apparently not just in the grocery store parking lot !), and I completely forgot to start them in the slow cooker in the morning. I was too busy trying to shuffle 3 kids out the door to get to the gym. Nevermind that it was written clear as day on my fridge calendar…Slow Cooker Rosemary Garlic Chicken. Slow cooker. Hello, start the slow cooker!
Losing. My. Mind.
(You know it’s bad when you can’t even follow your own instructions and to-do list!!!)
So I still wanted and needed to cook these chicken thighs. So tucking the garlic and rosemary in and then baking them would just have to do. And in all honesty, I’m glad I forgot to start the slow cooker…because I think they turned out much tastier this way!
(Yes, all things happen for a reason. No question about that. Even if it still feels like I’m losing it!)
The lowdown on getting the rosemary and garlic all cozy in the chicken thighs when baking them…
With the flat side of the knife, smash the garlic and crack it open.
All nice and smooshed.
Snip the rosemary…don’t forget about all the uses of kitchen shears !
Snip just enough to let out all the aromatics and fragrance of the rosemary.
Pull back the skin of the chicken thighs.
Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken meat and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Tuck 1 smashed garlic clove plus a pinchful of rosemary leaves under the skin of each thigh.
Pull the skin back over top and repeat for each thigh.
They come out looking like this…the flavors have all infused into the chicken as the skin cooked over top.
Peel back the skin. Serve the chicken with the rosemary and garlic still on top.
Sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese over the top of the chicken and noodles.
Let the taste bud party begin…
Baked Rosemary Garlic Chicken
Adapted from Salsa Chicken 
- 8 chicken thighs, about 3 pounds ($3.09) Best sale is $.99/lb
- Drizzles of olive oil ($.05)
- Salt and pepper
- 8 garlic cloves, smashed ($.15)
- 1 large or 2 small rosemary sprigs ($.25) Or less if you have any on the garden!
- 1/2 lb linguini or spaghetti noodles ($.10)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese ($.25)
- Garlic salt
- Peas, or other green veggies for side dish ($.67)
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Pull back the skins of the chicken thighs. Drizzle a little olive oil over each thigh and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Take the smashed garlic and the chopped rosemary leaves and tuck them under the skin of each chicken thigh.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until chicken has cooked through and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta noodles. Drain and toss with a drizzle of olive oil plus the Parmesan cheese and some garlic salt to taste. If desired, sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese over top of the chicken and noodles after you have plated the food.
- Prepare peas, or other veggie side dish.
- Serve Baked Rosemary Garlic Chicken over Parmesan noodles with side of peas.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/baked-rosemary-garlic-chicken-recipe/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 Grilled Salsa Chicken: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2010/05/grilled-salsa-chicken.html
 Grilled Marinara Chicken: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2010/06/grilled-marinara-chicken.html
 not just in the grocery store parking lot: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2011/04/kroger-shopping-trip-28.html
 the uses of kitchen shears: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2011/04/kitchen-shears-kitchen-shortcut.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.