- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Baked Black Bean and Salsa Chicken
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On April 28, 2010 @ 5:46 pm In chicken,Dairy Free,Gluten Free,Recipes,rice | 21 Comments
See that corn up there?!? The “summer price” of $.25/ear is here a bit early this year! I couldn’t help myself and snagged a few for this week. The boys L-O-V-E corn and I love watching them munch it off the corn. It’s sorta cute!
This *might* just become my new “go-to” meal. It’s way low maintenance…as long as you get it into the oven in time! It was delicious according to all 4 “table food eating” members of the family! Totally passed the “kid test!”
(Also, I would totally do this in the slow cooker, except I don’t like the way chicken breasts turn out when slow-cooked. They get a funny texture. And I’m not a fan!)
1 1.3 lb package chicken breasts ($2.32) Other chicken cuts would totally work!
1 1/2 cups salsa ($1) Bought recently on sale, plus store promotion and coupon
2 cups cooked black beans ($.40)
1 teaspoon ground cumin ($.05)
1 teaspoon garlic powder ($.05)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup rice ($.20)
4 ears corn ($1)
1. Place the chicken breasts into an 8×8 inch glass baking dish. Pour the salsa over the top and then stir in the black beans, cumin and garlic powder. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle. Dice the chicken and mix it all up with the salsa and black beans.
2. Prepare rice as directed on package.
3. Remove husks and threads, then boil the ears of corn for 4 to 6 minutes.
4. Serve Black Bean and Salsa Chicken on Rice with Corn Cobs.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/baked-black-bean-salsa-chicken/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.