- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Baked Beans 5 Ways – Plus My Homemade Baked Beans Recipe
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On February 10, 2011 @ 10:00 am In 5 Ways,batch cooking,Beans,Homemade,How To | 10 Comments
We are going through a bit of a beans phase.
Ryan is still learning to like them. (And these sweeter beans were a great start).
Charlie has always loved beans.
Tyler can’t get enough of beans.
Add the molasses.
The sweet chili sauce.
The worcestershire sauce.
And some hot-as-you-can-get-from-the-tap water.
Place the cooked beans in a casserole. Pour the sauce over the top.
Add some cut up pieces of bacon.
Cover and bake.
For a long time.
In a “slow” oven.
That means…low heat. Like 200 degrees.
And long time means…4 hours.
(Great for these cold chilly days…keeps the kitchen nice and warm!)
Sprinkle with a little brown sugar for an extra touch of sweetness.
Erin’s Homemade Baked Beans
- 3 cups cooked beans
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup hot water
- 4 slices bacon or turkey bacon
- Cook about 1.5 cups dry pinto beans or navy beans. Add the onion slices and smashed garlic cloves to the pot while the beans are cooking. Once tender, drain off the water.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the molasses, ketchup, chili sauce and Worcestershire. Stir in some hot water.
- Place the beans, onions and garlic into a baking dish. Pour the sauce over the top. Add the bacon pieces on top.
- Cover with foil and bake at 200 for 3-4 hours. Uncover for the last 30-45 minutes of baking.
- Sprinkle with a little brown sugar if you want to sweeten them up a bit.
A few more ideas for you…
I wanted to share 5 other ways to jazz up your baked beans. A few “mix-ins,” if you will…
What are your favorite things to mix into baked beans?!
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/baked-beans-5-ways/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.