Lunch packing at 6:30 in the morning may very well be the bain of my existence. It’s hard. Despite my best efforts to stay organized, keep lunchboxes in their place, keep the containers all together, something is always in the wrong place. #TpyeAproblems But, as you can see above, I found a strategy that seems to really help cut through that early morning fog and make sure we get the right foods into the right lunches!
- Write it down on a Post-It and stick it on each lunch box!!!
This is not a new concept, but is has really rocked my world this last week Also, I have kids who can eat different foods for lunch due to food allergies. I’m not much of a short order cook, but when it comes to packing lunches, we see quite a variety. I try to keep them similar…same fruits, different use of avocado, etc…but they are different given the food allergy restrictions.
Here is what a typical week’s worth of lunches for Charlie looks like:
- Monday – PBJ sandwich, mango chunks & Snack Pack vanilla pudding
- Tuesday – Turkey sandiwch with mustard, grapes, baby carrots,
- Wednesday – Pita with guacamole & turkey, mango chunks
- Thursday – PBJ sandwich, banana, applesauce, Snack Pack vanilla pudding
- Friday – Turkey & hummus sandwich, apple slices, popcorn
And here is what a week’s worth of gluten-free, dairy-free lunches for Ryan looks like:
- Monday – GF Blueberry muffins, mango, peaches, slice turkey
- Tuesday – Grilled cheese with GF bread and dairy free sliced cheese, grapes, baby carrots
- Wednesday – Tortilla chips & homemade guacamole, slice turkey, mango
- Thursday – Taco meat with corn tortillas and avocado chunks, banana, applesauce with cinnamon
- Friday – Hummus with carrot sticks, hard boiled egg, apple slices, popcorn
Click to print!
Printable Lunchbox Notes
Surprise your child with a fun lunchbox note too! Download these free lunchbox note printables to sneak in your child’s lunchbox.
Do you need lunch box inspiration? Are you children tired of the same old lunches day after day? This school year make a snack pact with your kids to pack fun, good for them lunches that taste great! Join Andrea from Savings Lifestyle and Briana from Bargain Briana on Twitter as they share tips for making lunch boxes better this school year. We’ll be giving away some lunch money to help make packing those lunches even easier.
- Thursday September 5th
- 1pm ET
- Follow @savinglifestyle & @bargainbriana
- Hashtag: #SnackPak
- Prizes: (2) $200 Walmart gift cards
Hope to “see” you at the party on Thursday!!! And happy back to school lunch packing……
Disclosure: This post is part of a sponsored campaign with Savings.com Connect & Snack Pack pudding. All opinions are my own, as always.