It will probably be the school snacks that kill my grocery budget…I will do my best to make homemade healthy snacks, but I know there will be times when the convenient snack foods and little packages will come in handy. In an effort to counteract the rising cost of food and the new school snacks that will need to be sent to school everyday, it’s important to pay close attention to your entire grocery budget and shopping list so you can shave off as much as you can…leaving a little more $$ for some convenience snacks or lunchbox items.
I give you a comprehensive list of ways to spend less on groceries as we head back into the school season!
- Coupons.com – print coupons from the Coupons.com website to help you spend less on all your favorite items at the grocery store.
- Right@Home – Become a member of Right@Home and get great offers, time-saving tips and recipes on some of your favorite SCJohnson products like Ziploc and more.
- Free Coupon Alerts – sign up for email alerts with the latest and greatest coupons…you’ll never miss out on the good ones!
- Cellfire – register your store loyalty card and load it up with “electronic” coupons for the products you love in the grocery store. These coupon amounts are deducted from your total grocery bill.
- Upromise – register your store loyalty card and load it up with “electronic” coupons. These coupon amount is then deposited into a college savings fund after you purchase the products.
- SavingStar – RegisterEnter your store loyalty card number and start saving the coupons to your card. The savings are added to your SavingStar account within 7-30 days depending on the store you shop. Once you accumulate $5 in savings, you can pick your payout from a deposit to your bank account or PayPal account, an Amazon gift card, or a donation to charity.
- RecycleBank – Sign up and then watch videos and learn more about how you can better care for the earth. You can use your points to print valuable coupons for all natural and organic foods.
- Groupon – We love Groupon and I get excited every time I see a restaurant Groupon. If it’s a good fit and a place we enjoy eating, then I usually purchase it. It has really helped us reduce our eating out budget…as we have had leftover $$ in that envelope for the past 3 months! If you’re smart about when you buy your Groupons, they can certainly help you spend less!
- Ebates – Earn cashback for your online shopping…at most major online retailers from Plus, you get a $10 bonus gift card just for signing up! Right now they have 6% cashback on Lands End, 8% cashback at Drugstore.com, and more. I use them for all my online purchasing!
I hope these resources really help you spend less as the kids head back to school and you try to get organized for the rest of the year!