Ok. Let’s talk about this salad really fast.
I’m including it in this 31-Minutes Meals series for a few reasons. But there’s a ‘but.’
This Asian Ramen Noodle Salad is so so so good. Not only because of the rich flavor of the homemade dressing. But because it’s CHEAP.
Cole slaw is cheap. Ramen is cheap. (Yes, I toss the seasoning packet. Ick.) Chicken (when bought on sale!) is cheap. Saute the chicken and toss it all together with a great homemade dressing and BAM. Dinner in less than 31 minutes.
I would suggest that you mix up the chicken, cole slaw with the dressing the day before and let it all soak together before you serve it. This is one of those “tastes better the 2nd day” kind of salads. (Just don’t add the Ramen noodles until right before you serve it so they are nice and crunchy.)
Or just double it up so you’ll have plenty of 2nd day, delicious leftovers!
Asian Ramen Noodle Salad
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 0 minutes
- 16 oz. bag coleslaw mix
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, without shells
- 2 packs Ramen, crushed
- 5 green onions, sliced
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- ⅓ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh fruit, as side dish
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked, optional
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the coleslaw mix, sunflower seeds, crushed Ramen noodles, and sliced green onions. (Note: to crush the Ramen noodles, add them to a plastic baggie and run over them with a large wooden rolling pin.)
- In a small resealable container, add the canola oil, sesame oil, white vinegar and sugar. Close with tight fitting lid and shake. Pour over the salad and mix well. Add chicken, if desired. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill until ready to serve, or serve at room temp.
- Prepare fresh fruit.
- Serve Asian Ramen Noodle Salad with fresh fruit.
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for 31-Minute Recipe Supplies:
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 12-Inch Skillet with Glass Cover
- Black & Decker 3-Cup Dry/6-Cup Cooked Rice Cooker
- Pyrex 2 pk Clear Baking Dishes
- Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven, 4.5 qt
- Rubbermaid 12-Piece New Premier Food Storage Container Set – Dishwasher, microwave, and freezer safe; BPA free
See all of our 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinner Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes