- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Apple Cider Pancakes – Friday Night Bite
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On November 4, 2011 @ 5:01 pm In Breakfast,Healthy Snacks,Recipes | 10 Comments
A few weeks ago, we had in informal family dinner with our cousins who had recently returned to the US from teaching in Latin America. Needless to say, we had lots to catch up on…comparing stories of life in a foreign country, discussing the different Spanish words, phrases and idioms for the different countries we’d lived in.
Anywho…my mom-in-law brought over some apple cider and we got so caught up in all the laughter and conversation that I forgot all about the cider that was in the fridge!
After all were gone, we were cleaning up and discovered the unopened cider…and I immediately started thinking…what else can I do with this, besides drink it?! An experiment was in order…I wonder what would happen if I used a little cider in place of some milk in a batch of pancakes…and maybe toss in a chopped apples for kicks and giggles.
A wonder-fall brinner!
Apple Cider Pancakes
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp homemade apple pie spice 
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup oil (you could use applesauce, but you’ll need to spray the griddle well)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup cider
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, apple pie spice, and salt.
- Stir in the egg, oil, milk and cider until smooth. Fold in the finely chopped apple.
- Make pancakes on hot greased griddle.
- Serve with maple syrup or Smucker’s Orchard’s Finest Cinnamon Apple jam.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/apple-cider-pancakes/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 homemade apple pie spice: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2011/10/homemade-apple-pie-spice.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.