Nothing beats a good BLT. Only, it can get frustrating when the bacon pieces fall out and you have to put them back in for each bite. I have devised a plan to thwart the escaping bacon. I weave it. First of all you have to bake the bacon so it’s flat. Fried bacon gets all curly. I use Tidymom’s recipe for bacon, but before it’s baked, line your bacon in the pan and weave the other bacon over & under the previous pieces. Make sure they’re touching and tight. For the dressing, I like Erin’s Parmesan Mayo with some onions and garlic added.
When the bacon is done, cut it sandwich size with your scissors. Perfect fit, no escaping bacon!
Angie’s Mess Free BLT
Yield – 8 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes
- 1 lb package of bacon
- 3/4 cup flour
- 8 slices of tomato
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 8 – 12 lettuce leaves (however much you like!)
- 16 slices of bread
- Dredge your bacon in the flour and weave it in the pan. bake it for 30 minutes at 350.
- While the bacon is baking, assemble the rest of the sandhiches.
- Mix the mayo, Parmesan, onions and garlic as a spread.