The deliciousness of the recipe is my 2nd favorite thing about it! Mostly I love that so many of the items can be substituted. Such as the crust; I used crushed cornflakes some fried onions & parmesan cheese. You can use panko, bread crumbs, crushed funions, whatever you have! For the cream cheese mix, I had garlic salt, pepper, onions and basil leaves. You can use whatever is tasty. Parsley, diced garlic, other spices you like… It’s endless. Just the basic directions are the same! PS: My husband took 1 bite and told me to add this to my normal rotation. I’d say that’s a win.
Angie’s Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken
Yield – 8 servings
Preparation Time – 35 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes
- 8 boneless chicken breasts
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 2 tbs chopped basil (or parsley, or bay leaves)
- 2 tbs onion, minced or powder
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/3 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup topping (cornflakes, panko, bread crumbs, etc)
- Pound chicken breasts thin between 2 pieces of wax paper.
- Stir together items 2 through 7 (cream cheese through pepper) to make a cream cheese mixture.
- Slather the cream cheese mixture onto each chicken piece and roll up tightly.
- Coat the chicken rolls in flour, dip in egg, then roll in topping.
- Drizzle some olive oil in a skillet and brown the chicken rolls on each side on medium, then transfer to an oven safe dish.
- Bake at 350 for 3o minutes or until no longer pink.