I love a nice tender steak topped with crumbled blue cheese. That got me thinking about how to make a recipe to get close to that flavor yet enjoyable for the kids and used what I had on hand. By the time I got it in the oven, I was really craving that meaty blue cheese flavor and crossing my fingers it was going to turn out like I wanted. I’m very happy to report that this is completely delicious. I made large ones with a regular muffin tin and smaller ones with a mini muffin tin. They were better as bite size sides or appetizers, but I wouldn’t have complained to eat just those for dinner! The kids loved them, but I did have to call them muffins.
Beef and Blue Cheese Bites
Yield – Around 45 mini-muffin bites
Preparation Time – 35 minutes
Cooking Time – 16 minutes
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 container Ricotta cheese (15oz)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbs dried basil
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 2 cans crescent roll dough
- 1/3 cup Blue Cheese
- Cook the hamburger with the Worcestershire sauce and garlic, drain & set aside.
- Combine all other ingredients except the crescent rolls in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Press the crescent rolls together to form squares and then pat to thin it out.
- Cut out small squares with a knife to barely fit inside a greased mini muffin pan.
- Add hamburger mixture to cheese mixture and stir, then place by tsp onto the dough in the muffin pan.
- Place 2 or 3 Blue Cheese crumbles on top of each. (A little Blue Cheese goes a long way!)
- Bake at 350 for 15-16 minutes (until browned).