We love reubens. I’m always looking for a way to make them easier so I don’t have to stand at the stove flipping for hours. By george, I think I’ve found it! With this recipe, you can just throw everything into a casserole dish and then scoop out sandwich portion onto bread!
Baked Reuben Casserole
Yield - 7 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 40 minutes
- 1.5 pounds deli corned beef, crumbled
- 1 2 can sauerkraut (28 ounces), rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing (almost free with coupons and sales)
- 2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded (it’s cheaper to shred your own, but there is pre-cut out there, if you just don’t have the time)
- Rye bread (I found mine on the “must go today” racks at Wal-mart for 40% off.)
- Place corned beef in the bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Layer sauerkraut on top of the corned beef.
- In a separate bowl, combine sour cream and Thousand Island dressing. Then layer the dressing on top of the sauerkraut.
- Layer the shredded Swiss cheese on top of the dressing.
- Bake 40 minutes at 350 degrees
- Scoop onto your bread, however much or little you want.