- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Angie’s Baked Mac & Cheese Balls
Posted By Angie On June 6, 2013 @ 5:33 pm In Pasta,Recipes | 2 Comments
There’s a small family owned restaurant near my house called Philly’s . I am addicted to their mac & cheese bites and needed to find a way to make them at home because Philly’s isn’t open 27/4. I also try to bake instead of fry and these mac & cheese balls are perfect. I suppose they are supposed to be for an appetizer or side dish, but frankly nothing else gets eaten when these are made.
Do you know how next day mac & cheese is clumpy & thicker than when it’s fresh? That’s what you want. So, I make 2 batches of mac & cheese and the next day or day after is when I use the left overs to make these balls.
Angie’s Mac & Cheese Balls
Yield – Approximately 20 balls
Preparation Time – 20 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
- 1 box of mac & cheese (any kind you like)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups italian bread crumbs
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Scoop out the cold mac & cheese a squish it up firmly about golf ball size.
- Drizzle the olive oil onto a baking pan, lightly coating.
- Roll the ball in the flour, dunk it in the beaten eggs, and roll it in the bread crumbs.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 425
- Flip balls over and bake for another 10 minutes until golden brown
- Serve with dipping sauce.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/angies-baked-mac-cheese-balls/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 Philly’s: http://www.phillyspizza.com/Home_Page.html
 Add this recipe to ZipList!: http://www.5dollardinners.comvoid(0);
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.