- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Angel Hair with Cherry Tomatoes – $5 Dinner Challenge
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On August 17, 2009 @ 7:15 pm In $5 Dinner Challenge,chicken,Dairy Free,Garden,Pasta,Recipes | 6 Comments
A perfectly TANGY pasta dish…we ate this until we were stuffed! And there’s a ton of pasta leftover too!
My camera battery needed a recharge, so this iphone photo and the below vlog will have to do! I’m *hoping* to do more vlogs from here on out!
1/4 cup olive oil ($.40)
1/2 tsp salt and pepper, each
3 large garlic cloves, crushed ($.15)
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved (from the garden)
Handful of green beans, cut in tiny pieces (from the garden)
Handful of basil (from the garden)
1 lb. angel hair pasta ($.82) On sale last week…although we only about about 1/2 of the pasta…saved the rest for lunch tomorrow!
2 split breast chickens, deboned ($2.55) Bought for $1.89/lb with $1 off coupon!
2 tsp olive oil ($.05)
2 broccoli heads ($.79)
1. In large skillet, add 1/4 cup olive oil, salt, pepper, crushed garlic, halved cherry tomatoes, itty bitty green beans, and chopped basil. Saute over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, or until skins start to peel away from tomatoes.
2. In large saucepan, cook angel hair pasta according to package instructions, while veggies are sizzling! Drain. Add to skillet with vegetables. (I only used about half of the pasta…half filled up my largest skillet…and we were still stuffed!)
3. Cut chicken breasts portion from the bones of the split chicken breasts, and cut into 1/2 inch wide strips. Save bones and use to make stock …soup season isn’t too far off! Saute in 2 tsp olive oil with salt and pepper for 6-8 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle. Mix in with the pasta and veggies or serve on the side.
4. Steam broccoli in stovetop steamer or in the microwave, covered with plastic wrap.
5. Serve Angel Hair with Cherry Tomatoes, Chicken with Steamed Broccoli.
Have a Frugal and Healthy Recipe to share?
Post the recipe on your blog and then add the link below. Other guidelines can be found here . To make it easy for other readers to find your recipe, please leave the link that leads directly to your recipe post. Any links that lead to your homepage will be deleted. If you don’t have a blog, feel free to leave your recipe in the comments section!
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/angel-hair-with-cherry-tomatoes/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 Save bones and use to make stock: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2009/03/what-to-do-with-bone-in-split-chicken-breasts.html
 here: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2007/01/5-dinner-challenge.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.