- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Alea’s Pork Roast with Pumpkin Pie Spiced Sweet Potatoes
Posted By Alea On December 13, 2011 @ 5:30 pm In Dairy Free,Gluten Free,Pork,Recipes | 4 Comments
I discovered long ago that I could get my kids to eat any orange vegetable if I season it with pumpkin pie spices. I decided to take that idea and kick it up a notch and apply it to Sunday Dinner.
This is an easy one-pot dinner. It is also quite frugal for a fancy Sunday dinner. Pork roasts go on sale for as little as .99 cents a pound in my area and sweet potatoes have been on sale for around .50 cents a pound.
Pork Roast with Pumpkin Pie Spiced Sweet Potatoes
Yield – 4 – 6 servings
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 1 1/2 hours
- 2 – 3 lb. pork roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 medium sweet potatoes or yams
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add olive oil to an oven safe pan. Place roast in pan and brown on all sides over a medium-high heat.
- While the meat is browning, mix orange juice, honey, and spices in a small bowl.
- Once the meat is browned, pour half of the honey spice mix over the roast. Place a lid on the pot (or cover tightly with foil) and place it in the oven. Cook for 30 minutes.
- While the meat is cooking, wash and coarsely chop the sweet potatoes. I leave the skin on.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the pot and drizzle the remaining honey spice mix over the potatoes. Toss to coat the potatoes. Place lid back on pot and cook for 1 hour or until the roast reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees and the sweet potatoes are fork tender.
I place the pork roast and sweet potatoes on a platter and then spoon the drippings over the roast and potatoes. I serve this with a salad made of winter greens and topped with a sweet and tangy dressing like Orange Mustard Vinaigrette .
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/aleas-pork-roast-with-pumpkin-pie-spiced-sweet-potatoes/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 Orange Mustard Vinaigrette: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2011/09/aleas-orange-spinach-salad-with-orange-mustard-vinaigrette.html
 Download the FREE $5 Dinners Toolbar: https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.alexa.toolbar/atbp/dgaaDl/download/index.htm
 Learn more.: http://www.5dollardinners.com/toolbar
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.