- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Alea’s Orange Sesame Chicken and Butter Tossed Asparagus
Posted By Alea On December 14, 2010 @ 5:00 pm In chicken,Gluten Free,Recipes | 5 Comments
Last month, I found a great deal on boneless, skinless chicken thighs and stocked up. As I have been cooking with them this month, I have been reminded of what a great cut of meat it is! I broiled the chicken thighs without any seasoning to use in a salad and when I sampled the meat before using it in the recipe, I was struck by how tender and flavorful it was without the aid of any other ingredients. But my family is not going to let me get away with serving them unseasoned chicken, so I thought I would share one of my children’s favorite recipes…
1 1/2 – 2 lbs. chicken thighs or breasts
juice from one orange ~1/2 cup
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons grated orange peel
2 teaspoons grated ginger root
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place chicken in a shallow roasting pan, ugly side up.
3. In a small bowl, combine orange juice, grated orange, honey, ginger, and oil. Pour the mixture over the chicken thighs, ensuring that they are evenly coated.
4. Roast the chicken for 20 minutes at 375 degrees, then flip the chicken pieces over and baste with the juices from the pan. Sprinkle the chicken with sesame seeds and roast for another 15 – 20 minutes or until the juices run clear.
I served the Orange Sesame Chicken with Basmati Rice and Butter Tossed Asparagus. I used Trader Joe’s Basmati Rice Mix and prepared it according to the package directions. Asparagus has been on sale in our area for less than $1.50 a pound, but if it isn’t on sale in your area, the asparagus recipe also works well with green beans.
Butter Tossed Asparagus
2 tablespoons butter
3 – 4 cloves of garlic, minced
3 – 4 green onions, thinly sliced
1 lb. asparagus, cut into thirds
1/4 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
In a large skillet, over medium-high heat stir butter, garlic, and onion until butter melts. Add asparagus and pepper: toss gently until the asparagus is coated. Put a lid on the pan and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the asparagus is tender.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/aleas-orange-sesame-chicken-butter-tossed-asparagus/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.