- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Alea’s Curried Turkey Salad
Posted By Alea On November 23, 2010 @ 5:00 pm In Gluten Free,Recipes,rice,Turkey | 8 Comments
However, I try to make up for that indulgence by using the leftovers to create healthier and lower calorie meals. I will make quite a bit of turkey soup and freeze it to use later on hectic evenings. I also use the leftovers in salads on the weekend following Thanksgiving.
This salad uses many traditional Thanksgiving foods, but the curry dressing gives it an exotic twist. The dressing is made using yogurt, which is much lower in fat than mayonnaise based dressings. This mollifies my guilt when I decide to enjoy some leftover pumpkin pie!
2 cups leftover turkey, cubed
1 large sweet potato or yam, cubed
2 cups cooked rice ( I usually use leftover rice)
1 apple, cut into bite size pieces
2 stalks celery, diced
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
3 green onions, thinly sliced
3/4 cup plain yogurt (or 6 oz. container)
1 tablespoon honey (or sugar)
1 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1. Place cubed sweet potatoes or yams in a double boiler and steam for 8 minutes or until just fork tender. Be careful not to over cook.
2. In a large bowl, combine turkey, rice, yams, apple, celery, onions, cranberries, and pecans.
3. In a small bowl, mix together yogurt, honey, curry, and ginger.
4. Pour dressing over the salad and stir until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Serve on a bed of greens. Makes 6 servings.
How will you be using your Thanksgiving leftovers?
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/aleas-curried-turkey-salad/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.