This is WAY too much meat for one meal for our family! Lucky for me…I’ve got Skillet Taco Mac on the menu for next week…so I used half tonight and froze the other half for later next week! Saves $$$ and makes next week’s meal easier to prepare and with LESS DISHES!
Can you see the butter melting as it falls off the sides??? This is the BEST time of year for corn! Tonight I substituted lettuce for a orange bell pepper ($.75 at a farmer’s market, used half of it!).
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
- 3/4 lb Ground beef, shredded chicken or ground turkey ($1.26)
- Taco Seasoning Packet (free or $.45) (or make your own taco seasoning!)
- Taco Shells or Corn Tortillas ($.50)**
- 1/2 – 1 cup lettuce, shredded ($.25)
- 1/2 tomato, chopped ($.50 or free from garden!)
- 1/2 onion, chopped ($.30)
- Salsa ($.40)
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese ($.42)
- 3-4 Corn Cobs ($.75-$1)
**Recent deal on Old El Paso makes this meal cheaper than normal!
- Cook meat. Add taco seasoning. Place meat into taco shells/tortillas. Top with tomatoes, onions, lettuce, salsa and cheese.
- Boil corn cobs 5-7 minutes.