$5 Dinners Wins BIG!!!

I’m sitting here in shock as I type this morning. I didn’t get much sleep last night.

Why? You might ask.

Well, late last night I was checking my email and saw a comment on a You Tube video that I had posted awhile back as part of a contest called “Money Saving Tips” hosted by Walmart and the Eleven Moms. The comment read, “Congratulations on being one of the Top 10!!!” Cool.

‘Wonder what that means. They must have liked my video. There must be a second round that involves voting, campaigning, etc. and then they will then choose an overall winner‘…is what I was thinking.

So I hopped on YouTube, searched around and found a new video about the contest that just posted last night announcing the winners of the contest. I didn’t “get it” the first time I watched the video. I jumped over to Twitter and saw that one of the Eleven Moms had announced me as a winner, just minutes after I had seen the video for myself. Still didn’t “get it”. (I’m generally not this “slow”. But, remember, I’m in shock!)

But I do believe it’s official…

I am one of 10 winners of…

A Year’s Worth of Groceries from Walmart!!!!!!

Shocking. I know. Shock. Disbelief. Amazement! BLESSING!

Everything here will go on as planned…I will still make $5 Dinners. I will still post my menus. I will still share money saving tips and ideas.

Once I figure out how all this is going to play out, then I will let you know my New Years Resolution! All sorts of fun ideas and plans are swimming around in my brain about how to best use this prize! Rest assured, I will keep you all updated! So stay tuned!

Here is the video that I submitted to the contest. I posted the video here on the blog back in September, but for whatever reason, that page no longer opens??? The video can also be seen here by clicking on “Winners”. Mine is the last video on the filmstrip titled “How to save when buying proteins.”

This is such a major blessing from the Lord. I look forward to sharing this blessing with others…how and when have yet to be determined!

A BIG THANKS to Walmart for hosting this contest and for choosing me as a winner! A big Congrats to the other ladies who also entered prize winning videos!!!

Comments

1. Danielsen5 says

How wonderful!!! Big congrats!!! How does that work? Do you have a certain dollar amount for the year or is it cart blanch?

Blessings, Beth Ann

2. Angela in Ohio says

OMG! Congratulations!
    They will probably send you an affidavit that you will have to sign and have notarized. It basically says you are you say you are and you’re not an employee of WalMart and all that.

Sorry to be a Debbie-Downer but remember also that you are going to have to pay taxes on the value of this next year, so plan ahead. It will still be cheaper than the retail cost of the groceries.

I am so happy for you!!!!

3. cooking like a frugalite says

WOW! Congratulations!!! That would be soooo awesome. Looking forward to seeing how it all plays out next year. Jennifer @ cooking like a frugalite

4. Amanda says

Wow! Congratulations – that is definitely a huge blessing! Hopefully Walmart carries lots of the special food products you buy for your boys. Good luck with all your plans for using your prize to the fullest. And I am very happy to hear that $5 Dinners is not going anywhere. You are one of my favorite blogs! Happy New Year!

5. Christina says

Yahooo!!!! Congrats!!! So happy for you!! And thanks for the kit I won from you Fed-Ex brought it today, as I was waddeling to the door he announced Dinner’s in this box!! So a great day all around!!!!
    Congrats again!!!!

6. Amy says

Oh my goodness!!!!! You have blessed all of us so much sharing your tips, tricks, and recipes — I’m so glad you’re now getting blessed for sharing with us :)

Congrats!!! Well deserved!!!

7. Paula says

WOW!! Congrats! A well deserved blessing for all that you do for all your readers out here! :) I must admit, as I was watching the video, all I could think was “why is her freezer door still open?!?!?!” LOL!!!

8. gail says

wow–how exciting! i’d be in shock too. congrats!!! what fun!

and i’m glad you’ll still be around helping us figure out how to prepare $5 dinners.

9. 4ddintx says

Congratulations on your great prize! All of Wal-Mart’s store brand products state whether they are GF or not. The soy and casein free you have to look at the allergy warning. My super WM unfortunately, doesn’t carry a lot of the specialized GF stuff that a health food store or Trader Joe’s would. You should be easily able to keep to your new grocery budget for this next year, though!

What a blessing.

Tabitha

10. Jolyn says

Holy Cheerios Congratulations!

(Good call on the tax warning above, btw. Hopefully it won’t change your tax bracket? Sounds like hubby’s got some more projects to figure out! I bet he’s not complaining!)

11. Lisa says

What an awesome way to start the New Year, and what a blessing, indeed! Congrats on the big win, and thanks for your blog – I’m new to the frugality game, but you’re inspiring me. :)

12. Familia Fowler says

Holy mother of all prizes!! What a huge blessing, I guess that is what happens when you inspire others like you do!

13. Jane Anne says

Congratulations!! I just printed out your monthly menu plan earlier and I am sitting here working on my meal list. I love your site – very encouragine!!

Trackbacks

1. […] because they had STELLAR meat sales going on.  But why would I shop there if I could get things free from Walmart?  Well, I just like Kroger’s meat better.  Better deals and better meats.  Plain […]

2. […] to give you a quick example of the power of coupons.  Lately I’ve been shopping at Walmart (here’s why), but do keep up with the sales and advertised specials at Kroger.  Because its in my backyard, […]