SO. It’s getting towards the end of the growing season and it’s time to think about what to do with your fresh herbs from the garden. Of course, if you have the right space in your house, you could bring them inside and keep them growing. Or you could get them into the freezer…so that you can have a delicious homemade spaghetti sauce with basil, rosemary, thyme, oregano (or with whatever your favorite marinara herbs might be…) in the dead of winter and let yourself wander off into a dream of summer weather, fresh air and another bountiful garden.
Here’s the details on freezing your herbs…plus a bunch of my homemade spice mixes (which you can also keep longer in the freezer!)…
- Freezing Fresh Herbs
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Homemade Apple Pie Spice
- Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix
Favorite Freezer Cooking Supplies:
- Deep Steam Table Foil Pans 30 ct (8.5 x 10.5 in.) – perfect for casseroles, enchiladas, etc.
- Aluminum Foil Loaf Pans 10 ct (8.5 X 4.5 X 2.25 in.) – perfect for meatloaf, breads, etc.
- Reynolds Release Non-Stick Aluminum Foil, 35 Sq Ft
- Ziploc Freezer Bags
Pin all of our Freezer Recipes on Pinterest:
While I love being in the kitchen, I need to make my time spent cooking as efficient as possible…and how I accomplish that is with batch cooking, freezer cooking and keeping easy and quick meals or ingredients ready to go in the freezer. This month, I’ll be sharing all my favorite freezer cooking recipes, tricks, hacks and how-tos.