Our 20 Meals from Costco for $150 was quite popular as so many people found it helpful – yay! So, we decided to do the same menu plan (with a few substitutions) for those that shop at Sam’s Club.
Sign up for a Sam’s Club membership online here if you don’t already have one.
Let’s get to it, shall we?!?
- Yes, I realize this makes for more like $7.50 dinners. You’ll have lots leftover!
- Produce prices may vary by region. And season.
- Meals are for a family of 4. Larger families, or families with teenagers will need to adjust quantities.
- Meals are as kid friendly, family friendly, and allergy friendly as I could make them. Hopefully you will enjoy them!
- Mix and Match Meals – because of the bulk purchasing, this is really a game of mixing and matching ingredients. The ingredients are very common and work in a wide variety of recipes, so feel free to use them in other recipes besides those listed below.
- I would expect you to have some ingredients needed for the different recipes in your pantry, like spices, soy sauce, etc. In the recipe/ingredient list and printable below, I’ve only included the ingredients from the Sam’s Club purchase list.
Let’s get to the recipes and printables, shall we?!?
- 2 Slow Cooker Beef Stew – freezer pack
- 2 Slow Cooker Italian Chicken & Potatoes – freezer pack
- 2 batches Herbed Meatballs – for freezer
- 2 Beef Stirfry with Broccoli – freezer pack
****PIN ALL THESE RECIPES! They can all be found on the 20 Meals from Sam’s Club for $150 Pinterest Board! Follow $5 Dinners on Pinterest too!
Ingredients & Price List
- 1 big package of chicken breasts 6 lbs, fresh $10.50 or frozen $10.98
- 1 big package of ground beef (about 5 1/2 to 6 lb) ~ 17.50
- 2 – 2 lb Angus chuck roasts, cut into stew meat ~ $15.50
- 2 – 3 lb bags of baby carrots $7.96
- 2– 10 lb bags of russet potatoes $11.96
- 1 – 5 ct package of avocados $5.98
- 1 – 2 lb package of mango slices $7.98
- 2 – 20 ct bags of 6 inch tortillas $4.98
- 1 – 36 ct bag of Sam’s bakery dinner rolls $4.98
- 1 – 4 lb package of frozen broccoli $5.89
- 1 – 18 ct package of eggs $2.26
- 1 – 6 lb package of spaghetti noodles $5.76
- 2 pack Prego pasta sauce $7.48
- 1 – 2 ct jars of Chi-chi’s salsa $7.96
- 1 – 24 oz. container Parmesan cheese $8.48
- 1 – 12 lb bag of long grain rice $8.48
- 1 – 8 ct package of canned corn $6.38
- 1 – 10 lb bag of dried pinto beans $7.76
- 1 – 8 ct package of canned tomatoes $6.27
- Optional – a 6 pack fresh peppers $6.98
Total – $154.54
A couple of recipes call for bell peppers…they are optional, and would add another $5-$7 to the total.
Leftovers – you will have lots leftover too…including a jar of spaghetti sauce, lots of rice, jar of salsa, several pounds of potatoes, a ton of Parmesan cheese, a load of beans and smaller quantities of other ingredients. I did not reflect these “leftovers” in the total cost, so it would really be $10-$15 less than $150!!!
Also, please note that the recipes call for cooked beans…here is more information on how to cook dried beans since Sam’s Club doesn’t sell canned beans. It’s not hard – you can do it!
Also, due to having a large amount of inexpensive leftover rice and beans, feel free to pull some recipes from our Rice & Beans Budget post to help you use up those ingredients in a frugal way!
Make it Simple…get the recipes and shopping list printables for just $2.49!!!
Don’t forget to check out all of the other printable meal plans and e-cookbooks in the $5 Dinners Store!