- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
15 Bean Enchiladas Recipe – Cajun Hurst Beans
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On January 18, 2012 @ 5:12 pm In Beans,Feature,Gluten Free,Recipes | 9 Comments
Melt in your mouth enchiladas…
Yep, these are those.
I’ve made all kinds of enchiladas over the years. But never with a random mix of beans like this. Hurst Beans sent me a few bags of beans to cook with and experiment with…and it took me all over 2 seconds to know that I’d use the Cajun 15 Bean Soup  mix to make some Cajun-kickin’ enchiladas.
The beans are cooked in the Cajun seasoning packet, and they soak up the Cajun goodness…that then comes out in your enchiladas.
These did not last long in our house…between my husband and I…we had the pan cleared out after a lunch and a dinner. And we ended up fighting (nicely!) over the last 2 enchiladas. Because he got the last of the Creamy Chicken and Spinach Enchiladas , I got the last of these.
Cook the beans. Then add to a bowl and mix with diced tomatoes, taco seasoning , and some Mexican cheese.
Be sure to drain the tomatoes well. We want to avoid runny enchiladas.
Toss it all together.
Spoon into corn tortillas, roll and place into baking dish, seam side down.
Spread the tomato sauce on top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Ready for the oven…and then for you to devour!
15 Bean Enchiladas
Yield – 12 enchiladas, 4 to 6 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes to assemble enchiladas
Cooking Time – 1 1/2 hours for the beans, 25 to 30 minutes for enchiladas
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning 
- 3 cups cooked beans, recommend 15 Bean Soup Cajun beans  from Hurst Beans
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, well drained
- 1 1/2 cup mild cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning 
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Cook the Cajun flavored 15 Bean Soup mix. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease 9×13 inch glass baking pan.
- Prepare the tomato sauce by mixing the taco seasoning into the sauce.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cooked beans, diced tomatoes, cheese and taco seasoning. Spoon into the corn tortillas. Roll and lay seam side down in the prepared baking dish. Repeat until use all 12 tortillas.
- Pour the taco-tomato sauce over the top. Then sprinkle the Mexican blend shredded cheese over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until sauce is bubbling and cheese has melted.
- Let cool slightly before cutting and serving.
- Serve 15 Bean Enchiladas with salad, corn cobs or other favorite side dish.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/15-bean-enchiladas-recipe-cajun-hurst-beans/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
 Cajun 15 Bean Soup: http://www.hurstbeans.com/products/2/cajun-15-bean-soup
 Creamy Chicken and Spinach Enchiladas: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2012/01/chicken-and-spinach-enchiladas-5-dinner-challenge.html
 taco seasoning: http://www.5dollardinners.com/homemade-taco-seasoning
 How to Cook Dried Beans: http://www.5dollardinners.com../2009/10/how-to-cook-dried-beans.html
 Rice and Beans Budget Recipes: http://www.5dollardinners.com../rice-and-beans-budget-recipes
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.